Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My first art exhibition


I had my first art exhibition in New York in Jan 1995. Although the gallery had arranged for travel and transportation of the works of art, I did not have a place to stay. So, I spoke with my aunts, friends with Beate; she, as a friend of Josh, asked him for help and he offered me his back room in his cozy apartment in Soho.
After that stay, Josh used to remember this story every time we met and we both had a good laugh about it. The story goes like this: I got to NYC; it was a cold January morning; I stopped by Beate's place to pick up the keys of Mr. Josh Wallman's apartment. Josh was not in town at the time, he was supposed to come back in two or three days.

After he got back to his place, it took almost 5 days for us to meet face to face, although sharing the same place and bathroom....

I was working, he was working, I was out, he was in, he was in, and I was out... we were leaving notes for each other without even knowing each other’s face, until we finally met. He went to the opening of my show and we became good friends.

Sandra Tucci

No comments:

Post a Comment