Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Friends since we were thirteen

 Josh and I were friends since we were 13 years old and freshmen at the Bronx High School of Science. There is something very special about friendships made at that age. They endure through all of life's changes. 


I loved him dearly. Too sad to say much. I will always remember ....his wonderfully enquiring mind, his twinkling eyes, his great sense of humor, his laugh.... The time he showed up at my lab in Woods Hole (totally unexpected, he never did it any other way) and after a day at the beach, "kidnapped" me back to Boston....we were half way there before I noticed, I was so totally engaged in our discussion...how he laughed! So sad I never got to meet Valerie in time to see them together, so glad they found each other.  Friends are for ever and ever- 


Susi 
Susan R. Panny, MD 

No comments:

Post a Comment