Monday, April 2, 2012

Josh had some of the best ideas


Josh collaborated with a lab in Seattle where I worked and I saw him occasionally there and at the SfN meetings.  He had some of the best ideas and cleverest, most concrete demonstrations I have ever seen.  Still, I think of Josh the most for the reliable delight I felt in just talking to him.  I had one memorable evening with Josh as we and others cooked together.  In total I have talked to him probably 20-30 times.  Within 15 seconds of every one of those meetings, every one, Josh had me laughing and we’d crack wise with each other for as long as we cared to.  I ran into Josh several times at the SfN meeting in DC last November and, though Josh did not look well, nothing had changed about his manner.  We had our usual great time just gabbing.  I am not surprised to see from this site that I am far from the only one with this experience.  So I take my hat off to Josh.  At every opportunity he had, he made my life significantly better.  I should do half as well. 

Ric Robinson
2 April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment